Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving in Minnesota

This year on Thanksgiving eve, Jim, David and I had made our way to Minnesota for a wonderful thanksgiving with the Jung family. We left for our road trip just after Jim got home from work on Wednesday, where our arrival time in Minnesota was 3:00 am. The ride out there took about 12 hours of travel time, but our ride home to Michigan had offered a bumpier ride that contained rain, hail, snow, ice covered hills, and what had seemed like an uphill battle the whole entire fourteen hours of driving that Jim had to face.


On Thursday morning while Cynthia was at work, I got up early and had prepared the turkey for the big day of THANKS. I just want to thank goodness for turkey bags, because they are a life saver.


Thanksgiving Menu:


Turkey and homemade stuffing

Ham

green bean casserole

mash potatoes and gravy

corn

BBQ meatballs

vege tray

ham roll -ups

assortment of dinner rolls

homemade pizza ( while we were playing games)

spinach dip

homemade desserts


Cynthia had some friends from church and BK's family over




We used the dining table as a buffet and had a Korean style table for dinner.




Cynthia and David

Also this year I attended my very first black Friday shopping frenzy. Jim and I got up at 5:30 and went to the local Super Target. It was so organized that we were able to purchase everything on our list. Infact, I had a incident where a lady any I had grabbed the very last Wii guitar hero at exact same time.... I looked at her and ask if she wanted to play rock, paper, scissors for it, and she agreed...and I WON...lol.

For the rest of the weekend we went to the movies, shopped at the Mall of America, visit w/ my friend Sherrie, played Korean card games and feasted on Korean food.
It was a great Thanksgiving.

No comments: